Saturday, July 25, 2015

Week 6: Transformation - Edutainment? or Students Wanting to be In Class?

A letter to my teacher ...

When Dave shared with us his letter, this what I though my letter would be from one of my students.  I am not saying that I am successful in all of the things listed in the video, most days I am not even close, but I feel some days I get it right.  Some of the things I said in the, I have heard from my former students.  Days like that make me smile, it makes it worth the long hours and heart tearing care I strive for.  I don't want to sound like a I am blowing my own horn, but more of reminder.  These are the things I think about when I get down after an incredibly hard day.  I try to get back to that point, where my students would do anything it takes to be in my classroom that next day.  I will completely scrap a lesson plan the night, more like the morning, before to make a lesson that could be labeled in the "edutainment" category.

What would you want to see in your student's letter?  What is your goal for you classroom?  Would a student want to pay to be taught by you?  I challenge you to write this letter.  Write down you direction, your ending location of all your students.  Start with just a few words.  What few words is that students would use to describe your class?

Once you have written this letter, share it out.  If you don't want to share the whole letter, at least share out your words that you want your students to use to describe your classroom.  Be sure to use the hashtag #SummerTLAP .  I look forward to see the responses.  Here is the Google Form for WISD employee, or whomever would like to submit.

1 comment:

  1. In my letter, I want to see words expressed as such: accepting, fun, caring, and inspiring. I want my students to write how I not only taught them academic concepts but teach them life skills needed to succeed in life. I also want them to write how I was there not to only teach them but to be a listener to their needs. I made learning fun and enjoyable.I aspire to be the teacher that has the fun lessons...make a difference in a student's life.

    ReplyDelete